Friday night was pretty fun. The roomies and I plus three went out for dessert. I got one of the biggest pieces of chocolate cake I've seen (and dominated it of course). The improv show was a good laugh as well. One guy was just really intense and not funny but it was still good. Made for one of our latest nights :)

Janice and I went downtown on Saturday. It started with getting tickets to Wicked for her family and then we decided to find somewhere to eat. We tried to find a non-chain restaurant but were not very successful so we settled for Potbelly Sandwich Works since, though a chain, is much lesser known than the likes of McDs or Subway or Quiznos etc which were our main options (meaning every other block). We decided to hike it back to our apt, turns out riding the train can be deceiving because the walk is not too bad from the loop the the apt. I would guess its only about 1.5-2 miles. But we had walked a lot before that too so however many miles a person can walk in 2 hrs thats what we did. It was good to explore around downtown more, I haven't done enough of that yet.
That night Janice and I walked over to the other apartment building and found a couple people to play boardgames with. It was another low key night but we had some laughs. Susan was ushering for the Blue Man Group concert which then allows you to watch the show free. Janice and I are going to sign up for that some upcoming weekend, hopefully we get the gig too :) Susan also scored tickets to be in the audience of Wheel of Fortune, I love random stuff like that here. We're still hoping Oprah will work out somehow too.
Speaking of random... some of our friends from NW saw B.J. Novak on the train! To fans of The Office that is Ryan! I would have loved to have seen him, especially since we have had such a hardcore marathon these past few weeks. Apparently his brother even asked them for directions so they've got a pretty brag-able story :)
Tonight we mostly stayed in. I did a lot of lesson planning, we watched a movie, and we played some Nerts. Tomorrow is an all roommate day off so we will see what it brings!
1 comment:
I just read a bunch of your blogs! You lead a pretty exciting life right now it seems! That all sounds so exciting! Oh one specific comment... I love american idol and i know exactly the man you speak of that is in Rent. Awesome!! haha. Anyway good stuff. I didn't realize you had this but I will for sure be reading up on your exciting life from now on! Have a good day off!!
Post a Comment