Today has been a very long day. I was at school from 7:30am-930pm... (deep sigh)
oh ps. I really did some work...Wednesday night I was actually proud of myself for locking myself in our room for over 2 hours working on ideas for my india unit.
Now today... I taught Math like the rest of the week. Today they were extra hyper for some reason and would not stop talking. I have to admit it was a harder, more difficult, less important kind of topic, who needs roman numerals anyway :) Then, we had a learning excursion to two different statues of Columbus around Chicago for our explorers unit. That was a little hectic. Just me, the sub, and 14 kids with statues surrounded by snow and ice. THEN, prep for the learning showcase began after school. Three of the other teachers and I went to Panera as our 3:00supper.
Back at school we had 10 stations to set up. Most didn't seem very time consuming, like mine being homemade ice cream in ziplocs was not too difficult: set out ingredients, measuring utensils, recipe, etc. done. Even still, we were all running around quite a bit for the next few hours. Once it started the kids had to choose 4 of the 10, ice cream surprisingly didn't compete well with the other options in my category: sock skating (pledge on linolium) or SnoCones, but I still made quite a mess with the people that did come. by the end of the night my table was covered in a salty vanilla-y watery mess. Other options were: painting with ice cubes (that also had food coloring in them), science experiements with ice and temperatures, learning about the artist that did the ice sculpture, and creating our own that was really a mural made of puzzle piece styrofoam and tissue paper. It looks really really good though, I'll have to take a pic tomorrow and post it for you. everything there tonight had to do with ice based on that tues learning excursion to the sculpture. It was fun, though my feet hurt and I was tired and hungry again by the end of the night, it was fun to see the kids in a different setting. Clean up lasted about an hour more. Thankfully, the teachers are nice and one of them gave me a ride home. It felt good to not have to wait for the CTA after that day.
(another sigh)
I still have to work on my math lesson for tomorrow...
TGIF
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment