The progressive dinner was just as good as I anticipated. 3 rooms per course. I was already full after appetizers. Don't worry though, that didn't stop me. We ended up with an entire cake leftover, and a bit of puppy chow (fine with me). After the dinner about 10 girls stuck around and we played some games. 3-part cherades, first round you use anything to describe it, second you only get one word, and third you can only act it out. A lot of laughs were had, especially when we looked over to the apartment building across the street and noticed that some people were spying on us while we were looking silly acting things out :) I suppose that is what we get for spying on them as well!
Today was semi-warm out (almost 40°) so Janice and I decided to enjoy our close proximity to Lake Michigan. We are only two blocks to Lake Shore, then we walked on to Navy Pier. Today was Jamfest, aka cheerleading competition, aka Bring It On. Susan and a couple other girls actually went to watch that but Janice and I were just enjoying the outdoors. There were sooo many girls in cheerleading skirts, and their cheerleading attitudes, fun fun. But it was nice to pretend spring was here. I am ready for the warmth! and flowers and green!
Janice and I are the spirit of Chicago
fun with the mirrors on the pier
We also tried to go watch some live jazz at a little cafe in the hispanic district but they apparently don't do it every week. The amazing Cocoa Azteca made up for that loss though. I was hoping it was the spicy hot chocolate like in Chocolat but it was cinnamony deliciousness instead. It was a cool place though so we'll be back. I am really jealous that Janice gets to work over there with all the spanish signs and speaking going on... I need to visit there more often. I miss it. I suppose I will be good in August :)
And I will leave you with this hot little number
No comments:
Post a Comment