Last night we walked a few blocks over to some friends' apt for game night. It included both funfetti cake and rice krispy bars, a very welcome treat as it is not something we have around our apt (I'm working to change that). We played a fairly large game of Uno and just hung out. It was the first day for a lot of the other kids with their internships today, my roomies included. Though I still leave before they get up. Our cooking schedule has been working out quite well, everyone two nights a week. I've gotten to take leftovers to school a couple days already and I dont know how everyone feels about that but I personally love it. Tonight was my night to cook, rice with eggs and chicken. delicious.
It seems weird that we already have a routine pretty much down before the week is out. I personally get all ready in the morning, get my lunch together, and then make some oatmeal in tupperware so I can eat it on the L :) I get on in the am toward Dan Ryan, something like 7 stops and then depending on the day (temp or precip) I either walk the .5 mile or take a bus. After school I walk back and ride in the direction of Howard, 7 stops and 2 blocks later, home sweet home. We are kind of computer junkies here, during supper we like to watch an episode of something that we have on dvd as there is no tv, and then we internet for awhile and so far I have been the only one with homework.
I have two students that I have been working with quite a bit. They are by far the lowest in their class. one doesn't understand the simplest math concepts, I mean after addition of single digits she starts to get lost, so the fact that we are now on borrowing while subtracting three digits... The same student also cannot read very well along with another student so I take them out during reading and have created my own book unit for them while their classmates work on their novel. Both also have very small attention spans and never listen to directions, needless to say I have to force myself to be calm and supportive at times. I think its a great challenge for me to have at this point though, I have heard that if it came easy for you you won't be as good at teaching it so this is my test I suppose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment