So it's really cold out. I understand it's cold pretty much everywhere, but seriously, our windows have a definite breeze coming in. Single paned, don't latch correctly, good for nothing...
At least we don't have to pay utilities (which leads to wonder why they do, or at least don't replace the windows) heat is on high and we still bundle and blanket up while sitting here. Poor Janice sleeps by the window at night, she has every extra blanket piled on. Everyday I go to school I wear at least two layers of pants and shirts. One half of the building doesn't have heat! Thankfully my classroom seems to be the warmest.
One little boy has been making my days at school. He is the cutest little kid, it may lean towards inappropriate but I just think its hilarious. He started by asking me random quesitons throughout the day, "how old are where do you live, how many states have you been to, you, are you married, etc" the next day it progressed into every time he walked by me he'd look up at me and do the cutest grin and say, in of course the 'cutest' voice, "i love you." Today it was "he dared me to say this....... i have a crush on you" It is all for the attention the others give him in amazement that he says these things to me but it is so darn funny I can't get mad! He even added some eyebrow lifting today and while doing my best not to crack up I tried to convince him it wasn't funny. We're supposed to be working, right?!
This week seems like it will be quite easy: Tomorrow is a regular day but Wednesday is half day plus we are walking to the police station to give them the V-day cards we made them, Thursday is V-day goings-on, and Friday we have a learning excursion to the Symphony Center. THEN, next week no school. And the week after that the regular teacher is on vacation so substitute!
I should really plan out my three week lesson on India, but thats so far away! :)
(I added pics to the previous blog, check em out)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment