This is what it takes to watch the chinese new year parade, and still freeze your butt off.
I was surprised at how American the parade felt with the fire engines, minitrains, candy/frisbee/other free stuff giving out, princess waves, and Ronald and the Hamburgler. But there were definitely dragons and such that made it fit in a bit more with the Chinatown scenery. I would say it was worth it, even through the bitter cold. If you are in the city for something like that I think it almost has to be attended.
dragons!
Clashing of cultures?!
Susan and Janice give a little glimpse of the bitter cold
Afterward we invited three of our friends over for some gaming. We got in some quality Yahtzee and Phase 10 before the chicken quesadillas.
Yesterday we ended up not going to the Jazz club but Martini Park instead, still a dress code and still very expensive drinks but also a live band. One $11 appletini later, we were done. The band was a little odd but we still managed to have some fun. It was kind of an early night as the bouncers at the bars on our street pointed out. Though we don't go to their bars they know us and our goings on pretty well. They even ask how [insert our nights activity] went when we walk by on our way home :) Now I need to lesson plan...
No comments:
Post a Comment