Saturday, February 23, 2008

Siskel, Streeters, and Betty Crocker

Friday was basically all day homework for me. I tried really hard to get a lot done on my exit portfolio. Its hard to be motivated for it since it seems so far away and there are so many other things I could be doing! But, since I have to student teach until May 9 (same day our lease is up) and we graduate May 10, its got to be done...
After some grocery shopping for our Saturday activities, Janice and I went down to the Gene Siskel Film Center to watch a movie called David & Layla. It is an independent film based on a true story, a Muslim woman and a Jewish man fall in love, to their families' chagrin. So its a romantic comedy about the issues involved with that clash of culture. I recommend it, but it would be hard to find. This film center mostly plays obscure films that don't get the publicity they deserve. Though there are also classics, like last week, I missed The Maltese Falcon, kind of sad about that. I think if I lived here I'd be a big nerd and go there all the time. The movies are cheaper than to go to a regular theater too. AND the DIRECTOR of the movie we watched was there to have a Q&A afterward which was really cool. They apparently do that often too. In short, I enjoyed myself :) When we left the movie we found out a bunch our girlfrends were meeting at a college bar, Streeters, 'the best bar below ground,' so we joined them as well.
Tonight we have a progressive dinner in the apartments. We are dessert, so we made better-than-sex cake, puppy chow, and some good pie. Pretty excited. tons of food?! yes, please.

No comments: