Friday, February 15, 2008

RENT Snoopy and John Lithgow

For the most part this week has seemed uneventful, hence not writing Tuesday or Wednesday. I started teaching Math to the whole class, and I lead a lot of the random little things so I am beginning to feel a bit more like a teacher. I have needed a lot more time at night lately to prepare lessons, good and bad. Next week we have two staff development days, I predict I will be bored out of my mind. so we'll see how that goes.

Thursday night the CS program took us out to RENT. It is just as great (or possibly more so) live. The guy who played Tom Collins was in American Idol 4, Anwar Robinson, fun fact. oh and Roger was the winner of South African Idol... Anyway that was a lot of fun!
The set, pre-show. (illegal picture, don't tell)
Stage right was the band, piano man/director sitting there in view on stage the whole night. That was one of my favorite parts. One of my least favorites: see that light in the upper right corner? thats the exit door. every time a cast member enters or exits backstage, we knew. But hey, I guess thats what you get with cheap tickets.
That's Anwar next to me :) The other is mr South African Idol.

Today we had our learning excursion to the symphony which I also enjoyed pretty thoroughly. I got to sit between the troublemaker boys that I love so much; they didn't really misbehave at all thankfully. Snoopy showed up to the party too. It began with Peanuts Gallery, a composition based on the Peanuts comics, so when it was through Snoopy came out on stage and asked for his part to be played again and did a little dance which all the kids LOVED. How can you resist a man in a big dog suit shaking his tush?! It was all schools there today so it was a pretty loud hysterical laughter, so cute. Then it moved on to the Carnival of Animals. Mr John Lithgow (yeah, Harry and the Hendersons, Third Rock, Footloose, you know) wrote a book based on the music so he was there to narrate for us. It was a really fun take on the idea behind the music and he of course was really good, actor that he is. Tonight we are going to an improv show at midnight, and having a Singles Awareness dessert and drinks gathering before. Three day weekend begins!!

No comments: