The final days went by far too quickly. Wednesday Janice skipped her last class and we got to hang out :) We went to the mall! the Water Tower Place. We also checked out The North Face again... still can't believe you can cover yourself head-to-toe with that stuff (excluding underwear, we looked). It is such a fad, so 'in,' I can never decide if I really would like to own some or not. Even in Europe we always noticed it. And of course I also got another Jamba Juice! last one...
For the nightly entertainment, we went to a karaoke bar uptown. They were actually televising the first bunch to be up for some local karaoke competition, viewers choice wins kind of thing. Needless to say, I didn't enter :) It was fun though, watching the people get really into it or be really embarassed or really good.. either way its a good time. One guys sang Backstreet Boys while another Britney Spears, things like that.
Thursday I walked around Chicago for my last time as a resident. I walked downtown to the Harold Washington library to take my books back and browse one last time. I also took some pictures, nostalgia and tourism rolled into one. Once all of us were back in the apt we went up for a little treat from Betsy, one of the uptown girls. She had come over a few times before art events and eaten with us so in return she made us deer steaks, filet mignon!, and potatoes, and pasta salad, and peach tea! it was wonderfully delicious. The last chicagoan meal...
I then went back to the apt solo (loaded with bags i was taking for friends) and waited to meet my parents as they came to load up my stuff and get me back to MN. The original plan (or so I thought) was that they were coming Thurs so we could sleep here and they wouldn't have to drive roundtrip in one day... well, my dad didn't really want to hit morning traffic (and i'm sure it is about 3 hrs long) so we loaded up then and there and headed out! Somewhere around one my dad was getting tired and asked if we needed to get a hotel but I offered my skills and finished out the rest of the trip.. arriving in our driveway at about 5am. through rain and fog, we made it back. I then slept until 1:30pm and after unpacking and rearranging my closets a bit I was somehow tired again by 11!
Good thing too because I had to be to work bright and early. It was a long day, I'm not used to standing that long again yet. And I was a little bored at times but it was good to be working with family. My cousins Chad and Melonie came down to help out and their daughter (5) was around along with Tony's kids Chase (6) and Trey (4) and their little sister (1). My mom was even volunteering because they had a table for cookies and juice and a kids potting table too. So at least when I was bored I got to talk to some good people :) For the next week (which is all that is on the schedule so far) I work 9-5... can't wait!
Graduation - May 10! eek.
This is probably the last time I will update for awhile... I dont think you all want to read about my Hill's Gardens experiences, they might get a little redundant. So unless I take a fun roadtrip or something this summer I will definitely be back in August for my Mexico adventure! I'll send out a little reminder or something, but until then
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I miss keeping up with you via this blog. I am sure you are sad that your days in the "windy city" are over. But what memories!
Post a Comment