Wednesday, April 9, 2008

puppets are funny.

Second day of freedom. Already a little bored, can you believe it? I was actually fine, but I won't last much longer I dont think :) I slept in late, which I love to do. Janice came home on her break between classes (probably my biggest perk to not being in the Chicago Semester program-I don't have to go to their classes, my roomies have to take two classes on top of their internships). After Janice left I decided I needed to get out so I made a trip to the Harold Washington Library downtown. I love libraries as well! That library though, huge. 7th floor, Literature and Language, I could be there for days. The fiction section is (just a guess, I'll have to check next time) something like 40 rows long?! They have everything, it makes me happy just being there among all those wonderful books :) So, I read a bit more in Wicked (almost done...) and I grabbed a couple more as I think I will be doing a lot of reading these next couple weeks. Then, as it was a pretty decent day out, a little chilly but sun still trying to shine, I walked home instead of taking the L. I cant wait until all those tulip beds downtown start blooming, the greens are definitely out, but no color yet.
Janice and I decided to go to a much anticipated event for the both us, Felt. The iO theater that started many SNL-ers has this improv puppet show every Wednesday. It begins with a group of real life improv-ers and then the puppets come out. They are all different shapes, sizes, and colors; some look like humans, some like furry Sesame St characters, and others were fat little cats or tiny little people. :) It was pretty funny! Some of their jokes went a little too far, but thats what you get with improv. I would go again, puppets are funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.