Tuesday, April 8, 2008

banana suits

On Monday I got paid to go back to Daystar! It wasn't all that boring. My teacher gave me some things to do and I had to check in on the student in ISS quite often to make sure he was doing the things he was given, so the time went by pretty quickly. I only got Wicked out to read for about 20 minutes :) After the first 2 hrs he got over his 'i hate the world' attitude and started talking to me. I felt bad for him but I also didn't think it was allowed to make him enjoy his day... any way, check is in the mail :)

Today the roomies and I got up extra early (especially for me since I really had nothing to do!) and went to Jamba Juice for their free breakfast promotion. We got there even before the man in the banana suit came out on the sidewalk, so we over estimated the busy-ness factor a little. Since there was no long line to wait in, we had to find something else to spend our time before the roomies had to be at work. So our free breakfast turned into buying Starbucks drinks.... We spent the rest of the morning talking and staring out the window at Trump Tower, eating our deliciously free breakfast smoothies (i had chunky strawberry: strawberry, banana, and organic granola blended with soy milk, yogurt, and peanut butter, topped with banana slices! good stuff) and drinking our Starbucks (coffee for them, steamer for me:) ). I then came back home for a nice little nap! and when I woke up I cleaned the apartment (but only thought about getting the vacuum). Most of my night since has been spent searching for cabins to stay at in Montana for a graduation present/last hoorah with some NW friends, not completely successful yet. We'll see how that goes

No comments: