At school today I saw very little of the kids, except when I took my old classroom to the park as the teacher is on crutches. Which, by the way, the whole time was spent getting told I was now part of the dark side or that I was a traitor, or just screaming whenever I came near as if I also had the plague. It was more like who can yell the loudest to get Miss Miller to come over so we can scream some more. It was mostly funny though, when their shouts didn't pierce the ears too much.
Anyway, my day consisted of three main projects. A) the tearing down of a bulletin board and the succeeding act of covering it again with new colored paper. B) copying each individual page of a 155 page Reading workbook and then stapling them into packets of three. and finally, C) laminating 100 NCTM (national council of teaching math.) standard-covering story problem cards (mind you, I was also the one who previously copied each from a book and cut them out). This task includes feeding them all through the laminator and then cutting each of the four sides to a decent length. Talk about time consuming.
Its been a really relaxing past week and half, mostly because I no longer have any homework to speak of. Friday we hung out with the Dordt girls. We took the book quiz to see which is our primary love language from the 5; mine was Physical Touch.. kind of predictable, I love me some hugs :)
This past weekend we tried to get to the Game Bar but it was too full, no tables free, so Susan and I headed out for an evening of our own fun. And it was. We just walked all over mostly downtown and took random pictures. the next night Susan and I rented movies and made ourselves some quesadillas on her new (free from coke points) sandwich maker. very exciting! (no sarcasm there. really!)
we're Cubs fans, duh! (I just bought a shirt today in fact!)
(no caption necessary I think)
We were being ..artsy?!
Susan and I with the moose outside the Tribune building.
We look so good we "make boy moose go waaaaaaaaaaaaa"
This week at school has been a lot of grunt work, mostly copying and hanging things up (or taking them down). I also set up some shelving thing and of course help individual students a lot. As an early out day I got to go around downtown this afternoon again. Only this time I actually felt like shopping, sorry mom ;) It was a buy one get one at one of my favorite stores, couldn't resist. Only two days left at Daystar... crazy.
Sometimes I try to imagine life in Mexico, and I can't, so I stop.
No comments:
Post a Comment