Saturday, April 5, 2008

everyone is twitterpated

It's true. Something has come over the city, and as for me, 'I love Chicago in the springtime.' There was no question, we had to go outside and enjoy the near 70°, so Janice and I just started walking (capris, no jackets, and flip flops!!) without real destination. We walked our way downtown and of course found ourselves in Millennium Park because with all the skyscrapers this was the place to enjoy the sun the most efficiently :) After stopping for some delicious smoothies from Jamba Juice we ran into Susan and Alli who were doing the same thing. The four of us then walked over the BP Bridge and to the lake. We followed the water the whole way home (yeah, have I mentioned we are about 2 blocks from the beach?!). The outdoor cafe tables are starting to appear as well as the flowers! I think the general mood of the city was Happy! I loved it, now if it could stay like this the rest of my time here...

For our nightly entertainment we decided to go to a dueling pianos joint. We tried to get into a place called Howl at the Moon, but the line was uber long and some girls ahead of us said they hadn't moved much and had been there a half hour already. So we knew of another one up north and made our way there instead. It was a pretty good time. There were some birthdays and bachelorette parties which made it even more entertaining to watch as they were willing to drop a lot of money on song requests etc. It was fun to be able to just belt out the songs, because everyone else was as well.

Oh this past week or so my roommates and I have been trying so hard to find filming locations for this movie 'Public Enemies,' it stars Johnny Depp, Channing Tatum, Christian Bale... I mean if I saw anyone it would be great, but Johnny?! haha. :) Some girl in our apt building did see them filming about 3 miles north of here, and our door lady told us she heard they were on our street. The internet actually failed me this time because apparently the fan crowds were too big in Indiana and Wisconsin or wherever they have already filmed so they were keeping locations under wraps much more here. So I think my chance has passed but I was so close! :)

As for Daystar School... Friday was my last official day. I am done teaching, and all but have my teaching degree. My last two weeks were a lot of fun, getting to know the kids and the other teachers so much better. I got some good hugs from both on friday :) As soon as I walked into my apt Fri after school, I got a call from my cooperating teacher. She said they wanted me to come on Mon and be the proctor for a kid in ISS (in school suspension) so I will be back on Mon already! Probably the most boring job on earth, but we'll see. And then after their spring break one of the families is moving away and they had three kids there and the mom was really involved so i knew them pretty well. I will probably go back for their going-away party too. So I am not completely gone yet, but its getting there. I think my countdown is something like 20 days til departure. crazy, its all going by so fast!

No comments: