Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TankTop : TenThirty

I love Chicago in the Springtime! (sing those altered lyrics as you read!)

Yesterday my roommates and I decided to go two doors down to the restaurant PJ Clarkes and eat al fresco! It was such a nice day that we couldn't resist. It seemed like a must since we walk by it so many times a day. I got the recommended chicken pot pie which was quite tasty. They poured the inside part over two flaky biscuits right at the table. It is a somewhat classy place though, a couple near us got wine and did the whole routine with wine taste-testing approval before agreeing to it. Unfortunately the buildings blocked all the sunlight and it was a bit chilly just sitting eating but it was still nice to dine outside!
In the afternoon, Susan had come home from work early so we took a little jaunt around the town. We stopped for Jamba at Hancock and sat on the stairs there for about an hour people watching. Fun thing to do with Susan :) Check out the view up too! (though, it looks much more impressive in person)
Today was another fantastic day outside. A few of us girls (two roomies, plus Betsy, Sarah, and Alli) decided to go to a place called Howl at the Moon. It is another popular dueling pianos bar. Tuesdays are "I'm broke" nights, $1 burgers, dogs, and beer, which was good for us college students! We got a cheap supper and a show! These two duel-ers were really funny too, I enjoyed this time more than the last. We got there a little early so we got more interaction with them at the beginning as it wasn't yet very full. At one point, after being mocked by them for being too young to know the words to one song, we sent up a song request that said they were just jealous "of our youth and hott bodies." They of course laughed, read it aloud, and said that was true. After singing our song (a Journey tune I think it was), they said that they knew that we were extra hot for having spelled it with two t's ... So we were 'in' with the band :) It was recently Sarah's birthday so when they asked if anyone was celebrating anything I went up and let them know... bad idea apparently because they asked not only her but her girlfriends as well to come on stage for the next song. They made us all get up there with them and sing/dance I'm a Little Teapot! It was funny. By the end of the night it was just Susan and I left, everyone else had to get back to work on presentations for class tomorrow. As much fun as we had at the beginning I think we came (or left) too early, it seemed to be getting better as it went. The wait-staff got up on stage and danced for us saying that no drinks would be served until everyone got up and joined in as well. It was to Walk the Dinosaur... good dance to know :) We had a lot of fun with it. Then when we finally decided we had to get home too (Susan also has obligations tomorrow), we were able to walk outside in tanktops!!! at 10:30!!! ahhh warm weather, I love you so.

I can't believe that I am already going to be leaving. The girls said tonight was a sort of farewell party for me... and I heard all their weekend plans beginning to form... why can't we all be in more than one place at one time!? I want to go home if only because I don't like spending endless days without anyone to keep me company. But I also want to stay to keep hanging with these cool cats :) I think it also holds onto ...'the fake world'!? longer, the pre-'realworld' world anyway. When I get back I just have to work. And I won't get to see everyone like other summers past. I am glad that I got to enjoy Chicago though. It is cool that if I ever come back here I will know it more intimately than others, I'll already know my way around! Janice is thinking of living out here so I will have to come visit her, right :)

2 comments:

Sus said...

haha love the comment about people watching...I pride myself in the people watching category! :)

Anonymous said...

We had warm weather too, but not quite Tank top at 10:30pm. We did rake a bit and dad "barbequed"