Sunday, March 23, 2008

under pressure

Since wed/thurs of last week, I have basically been stressed out of my mind. I was as close to being told I wasn't going to get a Pass as I could get. [sidenote: this has nothing to do with my teaching abilities, I would put off as A) personality clashing and B) overwhelming environment. Not having any curriculum to base my lessons off of proved too difficult for me as a newbie. I didn't have a pool to pull from and I wasn't getting much support to help me out. please don't think I am a bad teacher :) ] I decided I couldn't just waste the last 6 weeks away and then not get a pass. This meant making life decisions in a matter of a few days.

After hours of analyzing pros and cons, I decided that my best option was to come home to northwest Iowa and start over with student teaching. There were many issues either way, staying or going but that seemed the best. THEN on Saturday I was given another option, the one that is now in action. Now, I am not here in Chicago student teaching, I am only here to be a paraprofessional. this does get me my education degree which means I can still teach in Mexico thankfully. However, to get my teaching license for a future job in the US, I will have to student teach at a later date. It may actually get me a chance to get my two endorsements though, reading and ESL, so that could be a blessing in disguise. April 4 is V-Day. Then I guess I am in Chicago for a few weeks just chillin! Come visit!

Unconfirmed future plans: get degree finished up -Apr 4
stay in Chitown until May-ish
May-June-ish work at Hills Gardens! woohooo
August move to Mexico until June
then either: apply (and get) job in Spain as a "North American Language and Culture Assistant" or go back to NW that fall to do the student teaching to get my license...
we shall see

oh and ps. . thank you to everyone who's supporting me! it means a lot to have the kind words and feel the love :)

No comments: