Monday, March 24, 2008

Para Pro

So I'm an excellent teachers aide :) It was a fun day, I almost don't feel like I should be able to get a degree doing this stuff! Today I was in the Celebration Center which is grade 2. [aside: I dont think I ever mentioned the names this school has for every room. Its kind of fun, slightly confusing for others but mostly fun. Exploritorium = K, Imagination Post = 1, CC I mentioned, Discovery Zone = 3-4, Learning Lab = 5-6, Idea Factory = 7-8, and then each room beside has another but thats as far as I will go for now. just a fun little tangent for you] So anyway, I gave some reading assessments and did math fact work and then just odd jobs around the classroom. The teacher in that classroom is quite a bit like me in a lot of ways so it was fun to work like that for a change! Many of the techniques she uses in her classroom I am sure I will utilize someday. For the next two weeks I will be in one of the three lower level classrooms, K, 1, or 2. All of these teachers seem pretty stellar so I am really looking forward to it.

Bside: For any one who watches Friends, and know of the Ugly Naked Guy... we have our own version here. There is a large apt building across the street from us and one apt a few floors up lives Halo Guy, a much more G rated version of the Friends friend but... For the past few weeks I have assumed he was playing Halo or Call of Duty or the like in video game goodness because of the flashes of light that illuminate his walls. Today he must have moved his couch a few inches while cleaning or something because now I can actually see a bit of the tv screen and it is constantly catching my eye, do guns really light up that much when fired? man, that's distracting.
and now you know how I spend my nights?! :)

No comments: