Saturday, March 8, 2008

Red Rising

conferences this week... gotta love em. actually they weren't too terrible but I didn't really have to talk! It just made me stay after school much longer. Its been a stressful week though with a lot more lesson plans to make and some clashes with my teacher. I'm just feeling very unappreciated and like I only get negative feedback so its been hard. This weekend I have to work really hard to try to fix that, I got to cart home two large bags of books and papers and such to work on it. Only one more week of part time, St Patty's marks my first full day with the India unit. scary :)
Tonight I had to have a destress night (before a predicted 'hell weekend' of work). We went to the Blackhawks game against the San Jose Sharks... it was a good time. We got to see 3 broken sticks, 2 great fights (one really stellar: throw down the helmets and gloves, fair fight allowed to continue by refs!), and 1 sweet time-crunch goal being scored with 30 seconds on the clock to tie it up...unfortunately only to be taken away after play review. So we lost but we had a lot of fun. We got there minutes too late for the free hats being given away. There was a pretty long intro for these two past players being honored for their careers and achievements in blackhawk history. they were a pretty big deal, came onto the ice in a corvertible.
Roommate pic at our first NHL game

I am torn with the violence, its fun to watch but... :) Janice tells me its all for show, just love it. It was entertaining, I have to admit. The cheers are definitely louder with every hit!

Oh hockey ..cheerleaders?! J and I are going to get shovels and practice at Millennium Parks rink for our futures in the NHL

Afterwards Janice and I decided to try out the gyro place around the corner, not quite like the ones we got in Athens but good nonetheless. Food and orange pop was accompanied with a movie. We have also started our latest series on DVD, Full House (after The Office and Gilmore Girls have ended for us). wish me luck for the weekend of work! :S

No comments: