Yay castles! To Medieval Times we go!
A stellar night of eating half a chicken, a spare rib, some soup, and a dessert pastry all with no silverware, in the dark, while watching knights fight for their honor. As we were going to be late, (we= Laurie, Chris, Janice and I) we up-ed our tickets to Royalty. This meant we got good seats and the awesome crowns and flags to wave for our glorious Red Knight, along with complimentary dvd :)
I have to say that I didn't really pay attention to the King as he told us the tale of ...whatever it was! It wasn't hard to follow who wins and loses though. It was all so real! ;) We got to see the initial 'equestrian skill games,' the jousting, and the sword fighting; real sparks and real splinters flying! It was so randomly funny, they threw carnations to the crowd (Laurie recieved one from our valiant knight) We were so close to the arena that we could actually see the breaks in their lances and the wonderfully acted falls off the horses. I had a lot of fun though. Afterward we got our pictures taken with our knight AND the prince!! (those pics are on Chris' camera.. so I can't prove it) They were both happy to be taking pics with people over 9 yrs old. So besides the slightly expensive cab ride there and back, it was so good! :)
A stellar night of eating half a chicken, a spare rib, some soup, and a dessert pastry all with no silverware, in the dark, while watching knights fight for their honor. As we were going to be late, (we= Laurie, Chris, Janice and I) we up-ed our tickets to Royalty. This meant we got good seats and the awesome crowns and flags to wave for our glorious Red Knight, along with complimentary dvd :)
I have to say that I didn't really pay attention to the King as he told us the tale of ...whatever it was! It wasn't hard to follow who wins and loses though. It was all so real! ;) We got to see the initial 'equestrian skill games,' the jousting, and the sword fighting; real sparks and real splinters flying! It was so randomly funny, they threw carnations to the crowd (Laurie recieved one from our valiant knight) We were so close to the arena that we could actually see the breaks in their lances and the wonderfully acted falls off the horses. I had a lot of fun though. Afterward we got our pictures taken with our knight AND the prince!! (those pics are on Chris' camera.. so I can't prove it) They were both happy to be taking pics with people over 9 yrs old. So besides the slightly expensive cab ride there and back, it was so good! :)
For a good time call: 1-888-WE-JOUST
The valiant Red Knight
action shot! Go Big Red!
This is the footstep of the PRINCE! Just moments after he gave me a high five... did they do that in the Middle Ages?!
No comments:
Post a Comment