Friday, August 22, 2008

TGIF ... kind of

I cannot believe this week is already over and on Monday I will officially have my own classroom! Streeesssssfuuuulll! I have far too many things going on in my head right now, I definitely don't feel ready, but I guess ready I will be.

Off to the great start we all know I am capable of... I forgot the keys to my classroom twice! and didn't remember until after I arrived at school, its only a five min walk but still... AND I had to break into my room once because I went to Jenna's room for most of the afternoon and when I came back the cleaning lady had turned off my air and locked up for me. thanks, ALL my stuff was in there. It was late enough too that everyone was either gone or on their way so we unscrewed my screen with keys and I hoisted myself inside. wonderful. There is also a sliding down the wet stair well story in there too, but I wont go into detail :) Today we were to get our schedules... there was a conflict with two things on mine, one was an immediate fix and another required coordination with someone elses schedule so an hour later I get that correction but in the meantime I had planned my pull outs with the Spanish teacher so now those conflicted... (sigh) so I basically wasted 2 hrs today just on getting my schedule together. This prevented me from getting my planner filled out to turn in so I actually only filled in Monday! (supposed to turn in coming week on fridays) I also didn't get to turn in the form required to get copies for the week, so I may or may not get any of those... we'll see how that pans out.

Sadly, I think most of us are going to go in to school again tomorrow (I'm even debating on tonight yet but I think I need to breathe first). I have 8 bulletin boards to fill up, and if you know about making those, you know its not always as easy as it seems. and at this point, none of mine are done yet! Planned out, mostly, but not put up.

The more positive part of this blog
I will have 19 students, I have already met two. I have a cute, large carpet for sitting on the floor fun, and I will have an almost full time assistant. The assistant I am supposed to share with the teacher next door but she said today that she only needs her for about an hour a day, so she's pretty much mine. The only thing is I am not that good at delegating, at least not this week. I just wanted to be in my classroom by myself and figure out what I wanted where, I have changed my mind so many times though I couldn't really tell her what to do. Which means I pretty much ended up doing everything myself anyway.
Basically I need it to be two weeks from now or so when I am over the awkward beginning stage.... Wish me luck!
Oh, and this is my class puppet, Jolly the giraffe :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Breanna it will be fine and yes there is that awkward beginning and there might even be some bumps, but I am sure it will go good, just remember not to procrastinate. Love the giraffe. Send pictures when done and of your kids next week will go great try not to change your mind too many times. ;-) Love you Mom