Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Zacatecas, Zacatecas

Three day birthday weekend!!!!!!!! Love it! Jenna, Erin, Emily, and I (the same group that went to Mazatlan) decided to take a minivaca to Zacatecas.

I started the celebration of my birth by getting up around 430am in order to get my stuff together and ready to catch our earlybird bus. I believe I slept off most of the morning hours, but we arrived in good time around noon in Zacatecas. This city seems very European which was a welcome change from our drab Torreon. It was also quite chilly which made it seem more like the middle of November. One night we made a pit stop at the local Starbucks and being decked out in our 'its cold outside' attire and having Starbucks already changed over to the Christmas theme: cups, decorations, flavors, music, and all.... it felt like it might be December back home! For an hour or so we were surrounded by the Christmas spirit :)
My favorite part about my birthday was that the girls and I stopped to eat 3 times in the first 4 hours! And they weren't just snacks :)
Apparently, it is quite a touristy city... I guess I didn't know much going in. Shopping was abundant, we all got a few gifts for family and friends back home... and a few for ourselves too!
It was the super chill vacation I think we all needed. Saturday we just wandered around the city and did whatever, ie eat :) But we also took the trolley ride through the city which was a fun way to see a bit more.

Isn't it a pretty city

We went to a karaoke bar and
didn't even drink any of this
but asked if we could get a pic with it anyway....
get it.... J & B....

These pics are also evidence of my 4-5" haircut...doesn't even look different does it?!

Sunday we slept in late, another favorite! Then, we visited the mine. Complete with hairnets and hardhats we toured the depths... There is a club at the bottom of this mine! The other group of American teachers that went actually went to the club and said it was awesome, who ever thought of that was genius. Outside the mines we enjoyed the silver shops... we all got a new necklace with either a Virgen de Guadalupe or an Aztec Calendar pendant, they are pretty sweet :)

that's hot :)

Monday we had until 130 to take in the last delicious dregs of vacation. We got on the teleferico(cable car) and rode up to the Bufa. It was a fun little Willy Wonka glass elevator ride :)


The trip was much needed and I think we were all sad to have to come back to work, but who isn't sad when vacation is over I guess....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

love the pictures you are so tan and Jenna looks great love the hair cuts, sounds like a great time especially the eating part for you beans. J&B that was cute!