This weekend was quite exciting... we had a Halloween party, a house picnic, AND a Juanes concert to look forward to!
"Mira! una Abejita!" (look a bee!)
Lately, it has been getting more and more difficult to get up and get ready (and peppy!) for school, I'm still not using the snooze button, but I will lay in bed thinking about what I have to do as if thinking about it ahead of time will make it go faster in the end. This of course doesn't work, but sometimes it makes me feel better. You can tell the whole house is doing something similar as all of our arrive-downstairs-times are getting later as days go by. So, I definitely am working for the weekends right now: get through the week and then forget that I teach for a few short hours until I have to get ready again for school...
The schedule for this weekend was a great way to forget about school for awhile! Friday night we had quite a large gathering for a costume party at the neighboring house. Teachers getting together for costume parties is such a fun thing, just imagine the crafty-ness that comes when we all combine minds! 7 of us all decided to have a theme: the personification of different mexican beers, namely- Corona, Indio, Estrella, Leon, Modelo, Victoria, and Sol. So respectively we had Jenna as a queen (crown), Natalie was an indian, Tye was a star, Jenn a lion, me a model, Victor as Victoria, and Megan as a sun. I thought it was clever, and a lot of fun! The party was attended not only by the american teachers from Colegio Ingles, and some of the spanish ones as well, but also a few americans from a different school along with many of the spanish friends various people have made while here. The best part of any Halloween party is the costumes! Some were so clever or funny... one of my favorites was Wolverine, from XMen, it was one of the american teachers from another school but all he had to do for this costume was shave his chin and add some gel to his hair! thats what made it good. The Incredibles also showed up, along with some pretty good pirates, even Obama was there. It was a pretty good time!
Saturday I invited myself to a picnic put on by a few of the students families from CI. Many of the teachers were formally invited, I wasn't, but I figured no one will notice right :) There were quite a few people there and it was really fun to see this type of interaction for a change. These families apparently get together a lot as their kids are all involved in the same things. We met at this house with a huge backyard, so much grass! They had a big Rainbow jungle gym, a mini soccer field, a trampoline, a pingpong table, and more free space to run in! The food was quite good, they cooked the meat on a disco which is traditionally the tilling disc used in agriculture... why not just rip it off the tractor and cook on it ay?! It was fun to see the families playing their backyard games as well. They did everything from soccer (of course!), to sack races, to musical chairs, to kickball, to walking with not an egg on a spoon, but a lime, because that's the mexican way! Not only did the kids participate, but many of the adults and the teachers did as well. It was good wholesome fun :)
On Sunday we went to the Juanes concert!!!!!!!! it was a lot of fun. It started an hour late, but somehow I dont think we were too impatient. After a very short hour of performing he left stage but after much chanting of "otra, otra" he came back on and sang about 6 more! It was fun, he's good-looking, sings well, and we knew most all of the songs so we could sing along! I bought a cheap T-shirt outside as well, yeah souveniors :) 
2 comments:
Sounds like great fun. Don't be too discouraged by daily grind that is what makes weekends so good. Glad you are having good times and creating memories. Pictures too they are great love the bee.
Oh Branna,
You are having the time of your life. Enjoy each minute. Just remember... no wrestling no matter how nice the "pecks" are!!!
Happy birthday.
jo
Post a Comment