Thursday, October 2, 2008

Day 29

It is in fact day 29 of teaching. In kindergarten, counting is a big thing, which makes day 100 a big thing so we keep track. Today is #29. Tomorrow is Friday. Hallelujah.

Fridays are great days, aren't they? I really haven't had too bad of a week though, I started a new behavior 'treatment' if you will with the one boy in my class who causes me the most issues, so hopefully that pans out. It involves daily notes home to the parents on the behavior, good and bad, and stickers, what more could you want!?
I also lucked out with my tutoring this week... I am not sure I have really mentioned this before but we are all required to do two hrs of tutoring a week: one hour is with a few kids who need reinforcement from one grade and the other is a one-on-one session. Anyway, this week there was a mix up in the scheduling for my one-on-one session so I got to ditch out early, and I believe I still get paid for it :)
This week also marked the beginning of Spanish conversation class. I think this will be a really good way for us (me) to have a steady source of spanish speaking. I don't do it as much as I should, or would like to in order to keep it up and/or get better. And I'm living in Mexico right now, I should get better! There are 9 of us English teachers attending. I am looking forward to it, I think it should be a good time. We are going to read a book together in order to have things to talk about so that should be great. I should be ready for that too after 2 literature classes in Spain.
My housemates and I just got done eating empanadas, homemade by me (with assistance from Jenna)! Kneading and shaping the dough, cooking up the filling which included: ground beef, peppers, onions, raisins (secret ingredient), and a little seasoning. All fried up real nice in a pot of hot oil! mmm ;)
No weekend plans yet, but thats the way I like it.
relajando [relaxing]

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You will have to cook for me now. Glad to hear you are taking that class and reading what more could you ask for ;-) Enjoy and remember to always work in the relajando activity.

Alisha said...

Oh empanadas sound so good right now. I miss them the one time I had them they were amazing! Fun times junior year. I added posts to my blog check it out.