After Spring Break we had just two short weeks of school and another 5 day break to look forward to. The first full week of school went by pretty well, I think we all recovered from no longer being able to do as we wished but actually having to work. The second Monday rolls around and I arrive at school in our 'happy day of the student' spirit week theme for the day: pijamas. Ironically appropriate as I found out we would not be having school! Swine flu break out was scaring everyone and schools across the nation were canceling. And the rumor was that the Swine Flu Break would last until May 6 [this day being April 27]. When that date got closer we found out that the real return date would be May 11, two full weeks off for swine flu. We had a two week break, went back to school for 5 days and got two more. It was awesome. :) Anyway, during that time was the pre-planned 5 day break...
It was really touch and go on the decision to continue on the already paid for, 5 day/4 night, all inclusive resort trip to Acapulco. On one hand we wanted to get out of Torreon, everything being closed and everyone wearing masks that we were told didn't really help unless you were the infected saving it from others. But the other hand told us that travel on airplanes was one of the most dangerous due to the recycled air, I heard that one sneeze of infected air and by landing everyone would be carrying it. Plus we had to stop in the heart of the action Mexico City, DF. After asking around to people we felt would have the right answer we decided there wasn't really much risk involved after all and went ahead on our long weekend getaway.
Tye, Stephanie, and I packed only the most comfortable shorts Ts and swim suits and were off! Our hotel was pretty nice, the last on that stretch of beach, right at the water, complete with umbrellas to lay under. Each day was pretty much the same rundown. We slept in late, woke up for some breakfast, got ready for beach/pool, laid out on the chairs reading and getting served, every once in awhile rising to walk the beach, then clean up and supper, followed by card games on the patio for the rest of the night. It was another perfectly lazy vacation and I loved it. The beach was fun to walk down, we got in some goofy pictures, collected a bunch of ocean glass, I got stung by a bee, we got henna tattoos - Stephanie and I matching but opposite twins while Tye became Vin Diesel: XXX. The food wasn't spectacular and we joked about every [terrible] dessert being prison food, but there was still plenty of fun to be had. Turns out it was the best time to leave as well because the pool malls and the theater in Torreon closed! So if you have to be stuck somewhere.... make a resort in Acapulco!
[and I'm still a month behind in updating! I'll keep going, don't quit looking. Three weeks left and I'm out!?]
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey sounds like a great time can't wait to see pictures.
Post a Comment