Monday, March 16, 2009

The Birds

It has been mentioned more than once that we are living in a house that feels as if it could be in the famed Alfred Hitchcock movie, The Birds. Upon entering our tree filled courtyard, you can not help but notice all the bird feathers and droppings littering the floor. Even, on occasion, a dead bird or two. I suppose it is not completely correct to put together this movie connection because we have yet to have a bird attack, but nonetheless they are there, they are abundant, they are annoying, and they are relentless. I can even [very unfortunately] tell time by these birds. Every morning, between the hours of 6 and 7 am, the birds gather in full force. This gathering always takes place in the lovely tree selection in our courtyard...of course. They chat it up, nonstop and without concern for those who are yet in slumber, until approximately 7:30am when they all decide to change their locale. With a sudden gust of wind being forced down from their spry little wings, I can hear their departure. Again [almost as unfortunate] their new location just so happens to be the other lovely selection of trees that are those in our school just up the block. So there they are, waiting for us when we arrive.
This daily occurrence would not be quite as annoying if it only happened when I was already awake, though undoubtedly, I would still take notice. Therefore, on school days, it isn't as bothersome since that is about the time I have to wake up, it only means that sometimes I get out of bed in a state of annoyance. On weekends, however, this is a very dreadful racket that lasts about an hour, while I am trying to get in some much needed sleep-in time. .... At least, they're persistent. ?!?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Only you would have a movie connection. Are the pretty birds? You know i feed birds....

Unknown said...

13 onlookers with no new news

Unknown said...

dad