thursday all of my roomies had a meeting, all being in primaria (elementary). So I joined Erin, Aaron, and Tye to go to Aerobics at our free gym. That is some workout. Honestly, when it was over it was raining out but we walked home just the same, why not, our shirts were wet already! We decided its one of those workouts that you dread going to and while you are there you couldn't say you are really enjoying yourself, but when you leave you feel good about it! When I arrived at my empty house I decided to have a good, loud, music/shower party with myself :) It was fun to belt it out and get even more energy and stress out!
Friday the roomies and I (Emily, Jenna, Malita, and Charlie), decided to go out for supper. Others had gone to the mall nearby so we headed that direction. This mall is not really a 'mall' by my standards... I mean, it has shops and food, but its more about the food and the shops are very small and don't sell many clothes. Stores can be so random here, their shelves filled with an eclectic collection of things. So anyway, this mall has an Applebees (yes, thats right), Opa's Restaurant (a sister of the former I believe as their mints share both names. Friday makes the 2nd time we patronized the joint), a Starbucks, another big coffee shop, an Irish Pub, an ice rink (uh huh!), a Peter Pipers Pizza (not good, dont recommend it. its like a mini version of ChuckECheeses), a big movie theater (IMAX along with regular), and a few other minor stores. I guess that it is a mall by the definition "place to hang out" as in preteen-teen hang out. Opa's was the nights destination though. We had the same waiter as last time, Victor, I think we will get to know him if this keeps up! The food is very tasty, fantastic burgers and pretty good margaritas too. by the time we were ready to leave our party of four american teachers had multiplied into a party of nine. The atmosphere there is fun too because they have music videos playing which provides a lot of conversation starters, and Malita and Charlie were psyched to find out they play sports games of choice, so they will become regulars I'm sure. :)
Saturday was a very chill day. The biggest thing we did was hang at the pool for a couple of hours, just Jenna Emily and I. We hit up a new food joint on the way too. We were seated at the only table, thankfully accomodating the three of us. the food was good though and it was cheap. we made them into the plates that we wish we got everywhere, complete with sides (plural!). I started reading The Shack... I am only a very short way into it now but I already think I will be recommending it! One part was fun to read in particular because it was set at Multnomah Falls which I may or may not have been to a couple dozen times in my life :) Oh trips to Oregon, how I miss you...
Sunday was another lax day... we have almost watched all movies in the house! I forgot my dvds so our selection is much more slim than originally planned. But it is still a sad fact, though if you know me, you know that I love me some movies! :) So it is fine with me. I feel like we are still in the transitional period of getting used to our work loads and adjusting to differences. We haven't reached the 'carpe diem' attitude quite yet, though emily is anxiously awaiting it! We need to though, that is the only way to improve my spanish here, make an intercambio buddy! (a spanish speaking friend with whom you can exchange knowledge of respective language)
This week has been decent thus far. I can't complain too much... but I can a little ;) I can definitely see a difference in the willingness to cooperate with some kids, though some have gone the opposite direction. Behavior management is still a big struggle but again, I shall wait and see. Stick to my guns now and later I can relax a little??!! Today I felt like my assistant was gone far too much, I need her help! It is good to have her there to explain some directions at times too since I can't use spanish, their native tongue keeps them in line easier as well!
Good news! Emily and I just got back from the bus station, tickets to Mazatlan this weekend!!!!! I'm stoked! Its a four day weekend due to independence day on mon, and an extra day off tues. here I come beaches! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i just google mapped mazatlan....ur traveling all the way like southwest of DF?? it looks like a gorgeous beach tho...
Great blog, glad you are getting to go on a mini vaca. Have fun enjoy the beaches and of course the time off work. Love ya Mom
Post a Comment